How to help prevent infections
It's not always possible to prevent sepsis.
There are things you can do to help prevent infections that can lead to sepsis.
- keep up to date with vaccines, particularly for babies, children, older people and pregnant women
- clean and care for any wounds
- follow the instructions when taking antibiotics
- take all your prescribed antibiotics, even if you feel better
- wash your hands regularly and teach children how to wash their hands well
- do not ignore symptoms of sepsis