Symptoms of an enlarged prostate include:
- finding it difficult to start peeing
- straining to pee
- having a weak flow of urine
- "stop-start" peeing
- needing to pee urgently and/or frequently
- needing to get up frequently in the night to pee
- accidentally leaking urine (urinary incontinence)
Leaking urine can happen when you feel a sudden need to pee and cannot stop some pee leaking out before you get to a toilet. This is called urge incontinence.
Leaking urine can also happen when you strain. For example, when you cough, sneeze or lift a heavy object. This is called stress incontinence.
The most common form of leaking is when a small amount of urine dribbles into your underwear after peeing.
Find out more about urinary incontinence.