What life will be like
No one can tell you what life will be like for your child. This is the same for children who do not have Down's syndrome.
Children with Down's syndrome will have some level of learning disability – it's not possible to know how this will affect them.
Like any child they'll:
- have their own personality
- learn at their own pace
- have things that are important and unique to them
Try not to think too far ahead and enjoy time with your baby.
Where you can get support
It might help to speak to other parents, families and charities who know how you're feeling.
Down's Syndrome Association
For people with Down's syndrome, their parents and carers.
- Call their helpline: 0333 1212 300
- Visit their website: www.downs-syndrome.org.uk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Portage Association
For families with pre-school children with additional needs.