- Bile duct cancer, also called cholangiocarcinoma, is a cancer that's found anywhere in the bile ducts.
- The bile ducts are small tubes that connect different organs. They are part of the digestive system.
- Early bile duct cancer may not have any symptoms, or they can be hard to spot.
- It is important to get any symptoms of bile duct cancer checked as soon as possible.
- Being found late makes bile duct cancer harder to treat.
- How serious bile duct cancer is and what treatment you have depends on where it is in the bile ducts, how big it is, if it has spread and your general health.
Get advice about coronavirus and cancer: